Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Opening Excel file on a specific worksheet

If the workbook is saved with Sheet1 active, then it'll open to that sheet.

sdhaight wrote:

Hello,

I have read some of your postings and found the macro below to open the file
on a specific worksheet but I'm wondering if there's a function besides a
macro for doing this. My concern is that our file will be used by 100
different users on different versions of Excel so I'm not sure it will work
consistently. Also, unless macro security is set to low, the user will be
promted to enable the macro and it won't work if they say no. Any other
options?

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Worksheets("Sheet1").Activate
End Sub