Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default .XLB files

I'd do this:

Start Excel.
Make a minor change to one of the toolbars
close excel

Use windows start button|search to look for *.xlb

Use that location.

You may have to look through hidden folders for hidden files.

For me (xl2003 and winxp home), the path is:
C:\Documents and Settings\(UserNameHere)\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel

Marsh wrote:

I backed up my file Excel10.xlb so I can restore my customizations in the
event of an update to my computer, which just occured.
I just got updated to Windows XP, but am still using Excel 2002.
Can I copy the Excel10.xlb file to the harddrive?
If yes, into which folder should it go?
Thank you.
Marsh

--