Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default Colour index

I think that you should just use 45.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Arran" wrote in message
Thank you all for your responses. Jims post did of coarse do exactly what
request with your enlightenment Mike, and I found that Pale Orange's
ColorIndex = 45.
The cells I want data extracted from all have Pale Orange (ColorIndex =
45)
as the fill color.
When I call the UDF using the Insert function button the Function Argument
window comes up wanting RngToCheck which I set to the required. It also
wants
ChkColor, and its here where I am getting things wrong. I have entered
ColorIndex = 45, in umpteen different formats,eg Color45, xlColorIndex=45
etc
but all I get is #Value! returned. How should I be entering the cell color
index I want in the ChkColor Argument box, if at all.
I hope this is clearer. Please be patient with me as this is my first go
with VBA and all its associated features.

Arran

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Look at Colorindex property in VBA help.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Arran" wrote in message
Where can I find the Index numbers for the colours?