Ken

Excel 2000 ... Ok ... time to clarify ...

ColA ... I have random apha-numeric part numbers that
often repeat ... So when sorted (Ascending) I may have 1
occs of 1 pn ... & 5 occs of another pn etc ... Also I
may have multiple "odd" or "even" pns in a row.

Part # ... High-Light
Format color
123456 ... Red
123456 ... Red
123456 ... Red
234567 ... Green
234567 ... Green
345678 ... Red
345680 ... Green
345680 ... Green
etc

I wish to set Conditional formatting to high-lite every
other "like" pn ... Thanks Kha ...