Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Cone Jim Cone is offline

Default Colour index

Arran,
You need to understand that I (we) do not know how the function is written
or what information is required for it to work.
You might want to ask the author of the function for help.
That of course doesn't always work.
However, I've found that reading the directions, if any, will usually solve the problem.
Sincerely,
Jim Cone

"Arran"
wrote in message
Thank you all for your responses. Jims post did of coarse do exactly what I
request with your enlightenment Mike, and I found that Pale Orange's
ColorIndex = 45.
The cells I want data extracted from all have Pale Orange (ColorIndex = 45)
as the fill color.
When I call the UDF using the Insert function button the Function Argument
window comes up wanting RngToCheck which I set to the required. It also wants
ChkColor, and its here where I am getting things wrong. I have entered
ColorIndex = 45, in umpteen different formats,eg Color45, xlColorIndex=45 etc
but all I get is #Value! returned. How should I be entering the cell color
index I want in the ChkColor Argument box, if at all.
I hope this is clearer. Please be patient with me as this is my first go
with VBA and all its associated features.

Arran

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Look at Colorindex property in VBA help.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Arran" wrote in message
Where can I find the Index numbers for the colours?