Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Arran Arran is offline

Default Colour index

Hi Jim
Afraid to say Im not sure what it is you have given me!!
Dont think my post explained my problem very well.
I have a UDF that Sums the contents of Comments in cells that have a certain
fill colour. I want to use the colour index number of a colour in the
function arguments eg Pale Orange=45.
Since posting I have found the colour index numbers for the 56 colours. So
far I have only got it running by ref an other cell that has the matching
fill colour in it.
My thinking is that I must be able to use, Pale Orange, colourindex45 or
something like that in the function argument. Any suggestions.

Arran

"Jim Cone" wrote:

Sub extra()
Dim N As Long
For N = 1 To 56
Cells(N , 2).Interior.ColorIndex = N
Cells(N , 2).Value = N
Next
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Arran"
wrote in message
Where can I find the Index numbers for the colours?