Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
[email protected] dennis.benjamin@gmail.com is offline

Default Chart axes color index vs font color index

Hi All

quick question here regarding color indexes. Our company approved
Powerpoint style has a dark background, so when we paste Excel charts
we need to change all the black elements to white. I thought it would
be faster to just change black to white in the "tools .. options..
colors" tab. When I do that, all the lines on our charts turn white but
everything else (axes, legend, title) stays black, even though the
color for all elements is set to automatic. So, do these elements use a
different color table, or does automatic not assign the same color to
all the elements, or what? I have written a VBA macro to individually
change the elements, but it's not so elegant, and I'd like to
understand why my first attempt didn't work.

Thanks for any help!