Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
Ray2943 Ray2943 is offline

Default Copy/Paste in Excel Delay

I am having a problem with copying/pasting in Excel 2003. It takes a
long time to copy and paste from one spreadsheet to another.
Info:
We have a worksheet with 6 sheets in them. The filesize is 26 MB. It
links to another worksheet. That other worksheet links to another excel

file or the Internet. We have 5 files that are practicually the same.
All are around 26 MB. We open these six files the same time along with
the files it links to. In total, there's about 7-8 excel files open.
The files consist of formulas and text. Any idea what's causing a delay

in copying/pasting. Whether it be a formula(s) or just text, it takes
long. Any idea or suggestions what could be causing the problem.

Specs of the computer:

Dell Precision 490
Dual Core Xeon 2Ghz 4MB L2 cache. FSB - 1333mhz
2GB ECC SDRAM 667
80GB SATA 10K RPM

The part that takes long is pasting the material. Also pasting a
formula with a link to another
excel file takes long as well. I am pasting in a spot where there are
values already. Would it be better to paste in a blank section?