Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David McRitchie David McRitchie is offline

Default formula for column letters

see my page http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/join.htm
look for the macro MarkCells
---
HTH,
David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel

"BorisS" wrote in message ...
I need to copy/paste a sheet from one area to another sheet. I want to mark
the columns as the letters where they were before movement. I can make the
formula

="["&CHAR(64+COLUMN(Z1)-1)&"]"

to get up to column Z (the "-1" is because I've moved the columns over by
one to the right...so the B column, I need to show as A, but this is a minor
point). I cannot get this formula tweaked to where it will serve A-Z AND AA
and beyond (since the CHAR does not recognize AA as the next logical step).

Any help? Guessing it's an if/then, but not sure how.
--
Boris