Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David McRitchie David McRitchie is offline

Default Hard CR in a Cell

Hi Brian,
Actually you use LF (Line Feed) in Excel.
In a worksheet function it is CHAR(10) in a concatenation
and in VBA it is CHR(10) or xlLF

="line 1" & Char(10) & "line 2" & " more for line 2"

---
HTH,
David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Brian" wrote in message ...
I am unable to locate information on how to put a Carriage Return (CR) in a
cell.
I am attempting to type a partial line, then place a CR to start a new line
within the same cell. I have been unable to find any information on
resolving this issue. The only way so far to solve this issue is to create
the data in word, cut/paste in back into the cell. This is a round-about way
to do things. Any ideas on how to resolve this issue??
--
Brian