Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave F Dave F is offline

Default Automatic row insertion

In order to automatically update a range over which a formula calculates, use
dynamic named ranges, discussed he
http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/DynamicRanges.htm

As for have XL automatically enter a new row--I'm not sure what you mean by
that. If you just mean that you want your total to automatically update as
you enter a new row of data, then the dynamic named range will take care of
that.

Post back here if you have any questions.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"PURVIANCE" wrote:

I would like my spreadsheet to automatically insert a row once I have entered
past a certain column. How would I do that? It would also need to update a
total column at the end. In other words, my total formula would have to
increase by the new row.