Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
broderp broderp is offline

Default Looking up info from chart with multiple catagories How?

I have the need to create a work sheet that allows me to enter 3 different
pieces of inifo, search a chart and select several bits from the chart to
display based on the info provided.

I have a several machines that comes several voltages and I need to find
fuses for them. I would like to be able to enter the model, voltage and
phase and have it look up the appropriate fuse for the machine.

I'm not sure how to arrange the chart or what syntax or formula to use to
get the info. I've used VLOOKUP and HLOOKUP before but never needed multiple
input parameters.

EXAMPLE CHART:

MODEL X

VOLTS...HP...PH...COLOR....FUSE
230.......1......1.....GREEN....PART C
230.......1......3.....YELLOW..PART F
460.......1......3.....BLUE.......PART D

I'd like to be able to select MODEL, HP and PHASE (IE 'model x', 230v, 3 PH)
and have it give me everything on the line as a result. In this case
'230.......1......3.....YELLOW..PART F' on the chart.

I will have over 80 machine types with up to 10 different voltage codes to
have to sort thru.

Whats the easiest way to do this?