Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier Roger Govier is offline

Default Query on how I would calculate a result in Excel?

Hi

You know how to calculate each figure
Rate
Repeat Discount
Multiple Discount

Your final figure needs to be
Rate*(1-Repeat Discount)*(1-Multiple Discount)
If the discount is zero, then it will be multiplying the value by 1,
hence leaving it as it is

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Confused" wrote in message
Hi Biff sorry should of included that first post on here. I need one
calculation that calulates a night rate for a customer, which is
=VLOOKUP(C17,RATETABLE,2) this then gives the appropriate night rate.
if they
are a repeat customer then it needs to deduct a discount, at the
moment I
have a cell set up with validation on for either a yes entry or a no
entry,
so I assumed I would add an IF function as in if cell f19=YES then -
discount, and so on, if the customer is also booking in multiple
bookings
then a lookup table is used for a further discount which I can get
running as
=VLOOKUP(F23,discount_range,2)

I need it to calculate the night rate and then discount if necessary
based
on the repeat customer cell, and deduct a further discount if
necessary from
the lookup table for multiple bookings.

I hope that makes sense.

Many thanks

Louise

"T. Valko" wrote:

I need to put them all together.

In what way? How are they related?

Biff

"Confused" wrote in message
Hi

I need to calculate the night rate within excel which I have done
without
problem as it is done using a lookup table.
=VLOOKUP(C17,RATETABLE,2).

I now need to ammend this to include a second lookup relating to a
separate
cell which I can get working on its own, as it is a further lookup
=VLOOKUP(F23,discount_range,2) (this effectively discounts a % if
the
customer places multiple bookings.

I then also need to add an if function which will say if the entry
into a
cell is yes then deduct a discount, if the input is no then dont
discount,
which I have got to this
=IF(F19="Yes",F28*Repeat_Customer_Discount,F28*0)

I know the first two calculations work on their own I am around 70%
sure
that the third works on its own, but I need to put them all
together. I
have
been trying to do this without success for well over a week now an
I would
appreciate any help that you can provide.

Many thanks

Louise