Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Query on how I would calculate a result in Excel?

I need to put them all together.

In what way? How are they related?

Biff

"Confused" wrote in message
Hi

I need to calculate the night rate within excel which I have done without
problem as it is done using a lookup table. =VLOOKUP(C17,RATETABLE,2).

I now need to ammend this to include a second lookup relating to a
separate
cell which I can get working on its own, as it is a further lookup
=VLOOKUP(F23,discount_range,2) (this effectively discounts a % if the
customer places multiple bookings.

I then also need to add an if function which will say if the entry into a
cell is yes then deduct a discount, if the input is no then dont discount,
which I have got to this
=IF(F19="Yes",F28*Repeat_Customer_Discount,F28*0)

I know the first two calculations work on their own I am around 70% sure
that the third works on its own, but I need to put them all together. I
have
been trying to do this without success for well over a week now an I would
appreciate any help that you can provide.

Many thanks

Louise