Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Teethless mama Teethless mama is offline

Default "edate" problem with calculating dates

How's about...
=EOMONTH(A1,-3)+1

"MMangen" wrote:

I use the "edate" function in Excel to determine the first day of the month
going back from a termination date...for example:

If a lease ends March 31, 2007 we need written notice by January 1, 2007 so
I want Excel to automatically calculate the 01/01/07 date by going back from
March 31, 2007.

The "edate" function works for all months in a year except for two....and
I'm sure it's because of Feb. having only 28 days and July/August having 31
each.

Can anyone help troubleshoot this or let me know of another function that
will achieve the result I am looking for.