TK

Default Using the Find tool in EXCEL

I have a spreadsheet that contains hundreds of serial numbers. Each set of
numbers run in sequence so when I entered them in I simply entered in the
first number of a sequence and then created a formula for each of the
succeeding numbers so that each cell would just add one to the previous
number. However when I need to find a specific serial number I've tried
using the Find tool by typing the actual number that appears in a cell and
asking it to find that number. However it keeps coming back and telling me
it cant find the data. What am I doing wrong? Is Excel unable to find
numbers in cells when the number is based on a simple formula?