Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Output space-delimited file with quotes around text?

Sinc

Earl Kiosterud's free TEXTWRITE add-in should(will) do what you want.

http://www.smokeylake.com/excel/text_write_program.htm

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 5 Dec 2006 14:39:00 -0800, Sinc wrote:

I need to output a file that has space-delimited fields, with quotes around
all text fields. For example, the following shows the output from Excel when
Column A and Column B are both numbers, and Column C is text:

1234 5678 "Text"
42.9 36.78 "More Text"

This is something that is very simple in OpenOffice, where it's possible to
easily control delimiters, but I haven't been able to manage it in Excel
without jumping through major hoops...

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP