Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
BigG BigG is offline

Default Excel - calculating a percentage

Excellent David, thank you very much. The first part works fine but because
some of the cells within the column are blank the second part of the formula
doesn't work.

The cells within the column will either have Pass, Fail or it could be blank

Big G

"David Biddulph" wrote:

=COUNTIF(A1:A5,"Pass")/COUNTA(A1:A5) anf format as percentage.
Alter the range A1:A5 as appropriate.
--
David Biddulph

"BigG" wrote in message
Hi All,

I have a slight problem which I can not workout and I would be grateful fo
any help.

I have a spreadsheet with a column which contains either Pass or Fail.
What
I would like to do is enter a formula at the end of the column that would
count the number of passess and taking into consideration the total number
of
cells in the column convert the total number of passes into a percentage.

Any help would be apprecaited

Big G