Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
crimsonkng crimsonkng is offline

Default How do I make a checked check box = 1 instead of True?

Thanks, Biff. That worked.

Ted

"T. Valko" wrote:

You can still use the TRUE or FALSE in a formula:

=IF(H6="USD",80,5)+if(CheckBox512=True,1,0)

=IF(H6="USD",80,5)+linked_cell_for_CheckBox512

If the linked cell for CKBX512 is A1:

=IF(H6="USD",80,5)+A1

Biff

"crimsonkng" wrote in message
I hope that this is the correct group in which to post this question.

I've written a 6,000-line macro and I've used lots of formulas but I've
never worked with check boxes (until now).

I don't want the Check Box's "cell link" to return True or False, I want
it
to return a value ... "1" if True and a "0" if False because I need to add
it
to another value. In other words, if the box is checked, add 1. If it's
not
checked, add 0 as in:

=IF(H6="USD",80,5)+if(CheckBox512=True,1,0)

So, I want the formula to return 80, 81, 5, or 6 depending upon the values
of H6 and Check Box 512. But I get a #NAME! error. I've tried it with
and
without quotes and various other combinations of punctuation but nothing
works.

I guess I just don't know the correct syntax of the formula when using
Check
Boxes.

Excel Help doesn't provide an answer and I can't find it on the web.

Thanks, in advance, for your help.

Dan