synthesizer_patel synthesizer_patel is offline
Junior Member

Default Changing default chart settings like background colour etc

Hi! new to the forum :-)

I do a lot of scientific graphs for presenting simple biological / chemical data - the scientific standard for all data published in journals is black lines and white background.

so when I have a presentation to do which requires around 15-30 charts in it (not uncommon) - it should be a simple matter of changing the default template to reflect this and then go ahead with my charts - well you'd think so wouldn't you? - but can it be done ? - apparently not.

even changing the chart colour options to black for all line/plot colours to black - and all background colours to white - saving it then restarting the PC didn't seem to have any effect

ps:

please don't send me to this thread:

http://www.excelbanter.com/showthread.php?t=31348

the poster was helpful - but seems to have misunderstood the question that the guy asked- what the instuctions she gave do is change the line/colour settings on a chart you have created BACK to the default settings that are immutably set up within excel (i.e coloured scatter lines and plot symbols, black gridlines, and grey background - the exact opposite of what I need)