Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default randomly fill

You're welcome, and thanks for the feed-back.

RD

"LaDdIe" wrote in message
Thanks very much, That works a treat.

"RagDyeR" wrote:

Say your headers are in Row1, and names are in A2 to A6.
Duties are listed in Z1 to Z5.

In Y1 enter:
=Rand()
and copy down to Y5.

In B2 enter:
=INDEX($Z$1:$Z$5,RANK(Y1,$Y$1:$Y$5))

And copy down to B6.

This will give you a random list of duties next to each name, where

every
hit of <F9 will give you a list of new random choices.

You can set calculation to manual to retain the list display until <F9

is
hit.
--

HTH,

RD

"LaDdIe" wrote in message
Help,

I'm working on a work rota,
I've got a list of staff in column A and there are 5 duties they could

be
assigned to in columns B C D E & F, I need to randomly assign each

member of
staff a duty without any member appearing twice.

Any help is appreciated.