Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gripper Gripper is offline

Default Drop down lists

Hello ,Debra & Gord
I'm going back to that link and having another
read of the site, I've run out of time tonight, many thanks for all your help
so far.
--
ch

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

See Debra Dalgleish's site for how-to's

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 3 Dec 2006 02:21:00 -0800, Gripper
wrote:

Just a quick question, I'm using M/S Exel 2003 and would like to know if it's
possible to make a 3 column drop down list that depends on the list before,
i.e

Column A1 would be €œSize€ Just a normal list (covering A-Z)
Column B1 would be €œWidth€ Answer from another list but dependent
on the fist lists chosen €œLetter€
Column C1 would be €œLength€ Answer from another list but dependent
on the second lists chosen €œWidth€

A1 B1 C1
A 10€ 40€

Or

A1 B1 C1
C 20€ 50€

The Letter in column A1 would generate a drop down list of about 10 choices
in Column B1 and that in turn would generate a drop down list of about 10
choices in column C1.
I have done this with two columns, but can not find any examples for a 3
column.
I am only a beginner with Excel and would appreciate any help or advice you
could give.

Thank you for your time.