Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default *How can you rename a tab based on a cell value

Thanks Bob.

I will ruminate on this a while.

So A1 has a formula that updates when its precendent cells are changed but A1
updating does not trigger any event.

I realize now why some of the Calculate events I have tried don't trigger
anything for me.

Gord

On Sun, 3 Dec 2006 17:49:10 -0000, "Bob Phillips" wrote:

Gord,

You can only test the Target object if it is an argument of the event. It is
an argument to Change, and to SelectionChange, but Calculate has no
arguments at all (when a cell is changed Calculate works out which cells to
re-evaluate based upon a complex internal Excel algorithm, using precedents,
descendants, volatile functions etc.; so it doesn't need to be told what to
work on, which is effectively what the argument(s) is(are)).

In the code you show, there is no Target, you could specify it, but it would
be meaningless. That is what I meant by 'Just do it ... ', as you have no
idea what caused Calculate to be triggered, you have to Just do it, each
time, every time.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP