Graham

Under "Format" menu, "Protection" tab - HIghlight the cells, or whole sheet
that you want to "protect", set your options, then come out of "Format" and
into "Tools" menu, then you have option to protect either worksheet or
workbook. When "Protected" anyone can open the file, but wont be able to
alter any of the protected cells.

"B Craig" wrote:

Hi all,

I have just started using Excel 2003 sp1. I'm not having too hard of a time
except for this one issue....

-Is it possible to get into an excel sheet to just look at it and not have
the ability to do anything. Like, we have been using lotus and it has an
option to "release reservation". Does Excel have this option?

--
B Craig