Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier Roger Govier is offline

Default IF function

Hi Rob

This short piece of code posted below will do that.
First, mark the range of cells where you want the conversion to take
place, then run the macro.

You will need to copy the code to your workbook, instructions follow the
code

Sub ChangeZerotoOne()
Dim c As Range
For Each c In Selection
If c.Value = 0 Then c.Value = 1
Next c
End Sub

You can copy the code and paste it into your Visual Basic Editor
(VBE) in a Standard Module located in your file.

To do this,

Alt + F11 (open VBE)
Ctrl + R (open Project Explorer)
Select the file name on the left
Insert Module
Paste code in Module

David McRitchie has lots of useful help on his site at
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/install.htm

Regards

Roger Govier

"Rob" wrote in message
In place. So if A1 has a value of 132, I'd want to retain that value,
whereas
if the next cell below, A2, had a 0 value, then have it changed to a
1.

Thanks.

"T. Valko" wrote:

Are you wanting to do this "in place" or do you need a formula in a
different cell?

Formula in a different cell:

=IF(ISNUMBER(A1),IF(A1=0,1,A1),"")

Biff

"Rob" wrote in message

I have a column where some values contain 0 (zero). I want to
create an IF
function, where, IF the value is 0 THEN change it to 1, ELSE do
nothing
(i.e.
retain the original cell value).

Thoughts...