Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Debra Dalgleish Debra Dalgleish is offline

Default Filtering Rows ?

There's a sample file here that you can adapt. It uses numbers, but you
can replace them with text:

Under Filters, look for 'FL0017 - Filter All Columns'

LucaBrasi wrote:
I have a problem that I need to solve in a way other than the way I
always do it. OK, here goes:

I have a worksheet with 6 columns: The first column contains the name
of an employee. The next 5 columns contain 2 char US state
appeviations. These 5 columns represent the area of responsibility for
the employee in column 1. The distribution is more or less random, but
each of the employees has exactly 5 states. Now, what I would like to
do is type the 2 char code in an input box or cell, and have the
worksheet filter out any employee who does not have that state code in
any of the 5 columns, and output that report to a printer. In the
unfiltered worksheet, there are about 1800 records.
Now I have been doing this for a long time by importing the file to
Access, filter the records I want and then outputting to Excel. The
obvious reason for this is that I am proficient in Access, but not
Excel. Any info that could jump start me towards an Excel-only
solution would be much appreciated !

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures