Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Teethless mama Teethless mama is offline

Default Clean non printable characters and replace with space

=SUBSTITUTE(A5,CHAR(10)," ")

"rtremblay" wrote:

When I use the formula to get rid of char 127 I want to replace it with a
space. Is there a way to modify the formula below to accomplish this.
Currently this takes char 127 out then replaces it with char 7 then the clean
function removes char7.

=CLEAN(SUBSTITUTE(A5,CHAR(127),CHAR(7))) Replaces the nonprinting DEL
character (ASCII value of 127) with a BEL character (ASCII value of 7) by
using the SUBSTITUTE function, and then removes the BEL character from the
string "MN987" (MN987)