Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jose Jose is offline

Default RTD Function Always Returns #N/A in Excel 2007

Hello,

I have several xls running on Excel 2003 that use the RTD function to
invoque an RTD server to collect data from an external source. However, I
just migrated to Excel 2007 and the RTD calls stopped working. They all
return #N/A and never update.

I wrote a simple RTD server (from the msdn pages) to test the RTD
functionality in Excel 2007 and under debugging I see that the RTD server
entry points are never called by Excel. I played around with all the new
security settings to the point where I just enabled all macros and everything
else, still with no result.

I know that RTD is not supported by Excel Services but I see no reason why
it would not work under Excel 2007.

Could anyone comment on this?

Thanks,

Jose