Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Taxman Taxman is offline

Default Countinge the occurance of numbers in a column

That doesn´solve my problem

I need to know how many times a value between 0 and -20000 occurs in a
column. Hence I need to get two conditions, I can´t get the second condition
to work.

I have no problem with the first condition
count.if(a4:a400; "<0"),
but i ould like to combine this with
a4:a400; "-20000"

"Gary''s Student" skrev:

There are two approaches:

1. Use the COUNTIF() formula
=COUNTIF(A:A,1)
will tell you how many time 1 appears in column A

2. Use a Pivot Table. This can tell you how many times ALL numbers appear
in column A. See: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotstart.htm
--
Gary''s Student

"Taxman" wrote:

I am trying to construct a formula to count the occurance of all numbers
between 0 and -20000 in a column, I just can´t get it right. I´ve tried
looking in the help section but I just don´t get it. I am using Excel 2003
standard edition. Since I am using a swedish version I won´t bother you with
any of my examples