Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Lori Lori is offline

Default How do I take a column of data and put it in a row

One method is to enter the references of the cells for the first two
rows then fill down to the end of the data and do a replace to get the
values.

So if you want to transpose data every six rows, try entering somewhere
on the same sheet:

a1 a2 a3 a4 a5 a6
a7 a8 a9 a10 a11 a12

(To do this you only have to enter a1 then drag the right corner across
to a12 and put the rows under each other.)

Then select this 2x6 block and drag down the right corner as far as
necessary.

To finish choose Edit Replace Find:a Replace with:=a.

Tricia Young wrote:
Gord; I need help! I have a column that has the exact setup as the previous
person. Totals about 3000 rows. Please give me more info on any method that
is better than selecting each set and transposing.

Tricia

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

The Transpose function others have posted is fine for your sample but I'll bet
you have a whole column full of these names and addresses.

If you have, there are better methods than selecting each set and transposing.

Post back if more help needed.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 13:27:02 -0700, USJT wrote:

Name
Address
City
State