Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Carlo Carlo is offline

Default Empty Cell writes over full cell

Hi all

What I want to do is this:
1. Column Name
2. Column if there is an appendix for the value, empty, otherwise the Value
3. Column if there is an appendix for the value, value & appendix, otherwise
empty.

Why do I want to this. Well my employer wants to have all the values on the
same
level, disregarding an appendix if it exists.

I made the Formulas work, but if i do following in the second row:
if(appendix="";value;"") 'just short version, don't want to confuse anyone!
and in the third row:
if(appendix="";"";value & appendix)
the 2nd and 3rd Column are both aligned right, so if the 2nd column is empty
the 3rd column should write over the 2nd. But it does that only if the Cell is
totally empty and not, like in my case, filled with a formula which returns
"".

Any Help would be appreciated.

Kind Regards

Carlo