Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default AutoFilter

It makes sense, but it really the way excel works. If you want to make a change
to one sheet, you'll need some sort of routine that would make that same change
to the other sheet.

I'd recommend that you keep your data in one sheet. Use filtering to show/hide
the data you want. You'll make your life much easier and ensure the integrity
of your data.

Hoyos wrote:

I have two sheets. Sheet1 has a list of names, dates and remarks column,
which can be duplicated. Sheet2 is used as the menu sheet. In cell "C4" I
enter a name and a list appears with all the entries made under that name.
What I`m after is be able to add comments in the remarks column and this be
saved on sheet1, so that when it`s brought up agian in the future it includes
the new entry.
I hope this makes sence.
--
Hoyos

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Yep.

What kind of trouble are you having?

Hoyos wrote:

Can some one tell me if a filtered lists can be edited or data added to it?
--
Hoyos

--

Dave Peterson