Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Default Countbalnk Formula

Maybe use the SUBTOTAL formula to COUNT the total number of filtered cells on
a contiguious column, and then subtract the COUNT of those cells in your
dated column which have been completed.

=SUBTOTAL(2,A:A)-SUBTOTAL(2,b:b)

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Craig" wrote:

I am trying to use the Countblank formula in conjuction with the Auto Filter
Function. Let me try and explain. I have data listed in date order in
colum e; and in column F I have the date which I have tested the data.
ANyway not that that information matters. I want to be able to select a
date in column E using the auto filter feature and want to use the
CountBlank formula to count how many blank cells show up in column F. The
problem is, the CountBlank formula counts all the blanks in that column. So
I think what I need is something similar to the Subtotal function you use to
total columns hen using the sutofilter, only I need it to count the blank
cells.

Does anyone have any idea how I can do this?

Thanks for the help.