Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier Roger Govier is offline

Default frame style effect required

Hi

i suggested having the items down column a and all the
plots across the top

Yes, but that would be limited data per plot.
With my suggestion of one row to each plot, I can't believe there would
be more than 255 variables per plot, other than the plot ID, so all
detail including length, width and depth of each section of the
foundation could be recorded, so the individual data for each would
exist on that one row.

Your quotation sheet, would provide the fully detailed costing for each
individual plot

Your Summary sheet would give a single line summary of costs for each
plot, and totalled would give the value for the site.

Perhaps you should show your boss a small "mock up" first, and then see
how he feels.

If he doesn't agree, change the boss rather than the
specification!!!<vbg

--
Regards

Roger Govier

wrote in message
ups.com...
I thought about something similar however each plot requires different
quantites of each material e.g. if the foundation is deeper there will
be more concrete. as such when we submit our prices we are asked to
supply a quote for individual plots as such we need the sheet to
generate both a quote for the whole site and one for each plot. in
that respect i suggested having the items down column a and all the
plots across the top with a column for quantity and total below them -
in practice this would work perfectly well but my boss wants each plot
to have its own seperate sheet rather than a massive matrix so
unfortuantely i'm stuck with that brief!