Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SteveW SteveW is offline

Default Increment column on drag down

Columns down't Drag down, but only across
By that I mean that the formula shouldn't automatically adjust

I'd *try* something like dragging it *across*, than transposing the cells
into a column.

Steve

On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 14:06:11 -0000, wrote:

Greetings,
I have the following formula in cell B2 of a worksheet 4.
=SUM('Area Flooded per Property'!C:C,-'Area Flooded per Property'!C$1)
Area Flooded per property is sheet 2. I need to apply this formula down
the column to fill many rows, but i need the "C" to increment to "D"
and continue to increment. As follows

cell b3 =SUM('Area Flooded per Property'!D:D,-'Area Flooded per
Property'!D$1)
cell b4 =SUM('Area Flooded per Property'!E:E,-'Area Flooded per
Property'!E$1)
and so on and so forth

But when i drag this formula down there is no increment that occurs
even tho there is no $, does anybody know a way around this.
Thank You
Mariette