Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Scott Scott is offline

Default Need some function help...

A bit, but not completely. Looking at your formula, some of the
statements seem to conflict with each other.

Based on your formula, it seems that you want this:
E17 = 1, E18 = 1, then for D14:
a) 6 for [20, 26)
b) 0 for [26, 36.344)
c) 1 for [36.344, 39.549)
d) 2 for [39.549]

Note that square brackets mean that the value on that side is included
in the range, and round brackets mean that the value on that side is
excluded. For example, in (a), 26 is followed by a round bracket, so
it is not in this range. In (b), it is after a square bracket, so it
is included in this range, and would return a value of 0. (Just
clarifying in case you're not familiar with the notation.)

If you could break down the range like I have, so that all values for
D14 from 20 to 39.549 are covered for each combination:

Assuming D55 0, of course.

(1) E17 = 1, E18 = 1

(2) E17 = 1, E18 = 0

(3) E17 = 0, E18 = 1

(4) E17 = 0, E18 = 0

Hopefully that makes sense.

Scott

TR Young wrote:
D55 is either going to be 0 or the name of an extrusion we use. If D55=0,
then the rest of the function is null.
E17 and E18 are limited to 0 and 1.
D14 is a number which will be entered by a user. The number can be any
number between 20 and 39.549.

Hope that helps!