Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default IF function or otherwise????

Taking your question literally, I would suggest using event code since a formula
and a typed entry cannot exist in the same cell.

What are you trying to achieve?

Do you have more than 3 choices or is A, B and C just an example?

There are other methods involving a formula and a helper cell to return the
result based on the entry in the cell.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 19:13:32 -0000, "Sandy"
wrote:

Hi

Is it possible to have a cell value adjust depending what is typed into it?
E.g. I want to be able to type A or B or C and have the value of the same
cell change to Arnold or Brendan or Charlie respectively.

Sandy