Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Alan Alan is offline

Default IF function or otherwise????

You can have another cell change according to what you enter in to it, but
the cell itself cannot change except by using VB code. A value entered into
a cell can only change another cell, not itself. Using VB code like the
Worksheet_Change event is definitely possible, but it brings it's own
problems such as no audit trail of what you originally entered. I personally
wouldn't recommend it,
Regards,
Alan.
"Sandy" wrote in message
Hi

Is it possible to have a cell value adjust depending what is typed into
it?
E.g. I want to be able to type A or B or C and have the value of the same
cell change to Arnold or Brendan or Charlie respectively.

Sandy