Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Otto Moehrbach Otto Moehrbach is offline

Default Sometimes entering simple function causes it to occupy two cells, why?

Are the 2 cells merged? Select the cell(s) and click on Format - Cells -
Alignment tab, is the "Merge cells:" box checked? If it is, uncheck it.
HTH Otto
wrote in message
ups.com...
I was putting a slightly modified version of this function into cell
B12, in doing so it occupied cell B12 and B13 and merged the space
together. This happens often when I am using functions, how can I make
sure it only takes up one cell address?

=IF(ISERROR(FIND("Astro",A17)),"","*****")