Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
NILELATOR NILELATOR is offline

Default SUMIF, AND OR WHATEVER

Thank you that works, I didn't know about the caps ment shouting, i'm getting
old and it helps to see.
what does the "*" inbetween the formulas do?

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi

Try
=SUMPRODUCT(($A$7:$A$1000=$C$5)*($H$7:$H$1000="PEN D")*($E$7:$E$1000))

For your future reference
Please do not post in capitals, it is regarded as "shouting" in the
Newsgroups, and is very difficult to read.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"NILELATOR" wrote in message
I HAVE A SPREAD SHEET WITH 9 COLUMNS OF DIFFERENT INFORMATION BUT
SPECIFIC TO
EACH ROW, STARTING WITH ROW 7. I NEED TO TOTAL ALL ROWS OF COLUMN E
(THE
VALUE) , BASED ON MATCH WITH CELL C5 (LIST OF NAMES) TO ANY MATCHING
ROW IN
COLUMN A (NAMES), BUT ALSO NEEDS TO MATCH EITHER "PEND", "yES", "NO"
IN
COLUMN H.
IT NEEDS TO ONLY COUNT CELLS IN COLUMN E, IF BOTH CRITERIA'S IN COLUMN
A AND
H HAS BEEN MET