Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Prasadkakarla Prasadkakarla is offline

Default Excel Only Showing # When £ has been pressed

better u can create own macro with this symbol when ever u want u can get
with help of shortcut key. some keyboards are made differnt thats why u wont
get the symbol any way ia m workout that i willsend the proper answer reg ur
questionl. but u want pound symbol u can get from symbol then select pound
then create personal macro with that symbol and do wht ever u want.

comment send u ropinion of this answer which
part u r useful for u

thank u

"Gazz" wrote:

Like the title says, I noticed recently that Excel 2003 is not accepting that
the keyboard is a normal UK English keyboard. Other things such as Word or
Notepad have no problems. Every time I press Shift 3 For a £, up on the
sceen comes a #.

Must be some setting somewhere that's changed. Anyone any ideas ?

Thanks in advance.