abfabrob

Jon,

It totally worked! Thank you!

Rob.

"Springbok" wrote:

Sorry, my mistake, it's "Custom". Xl 2000 definitely has it. Go Data -
Validation. In the settings tab there's a drop down list under "Allow:"
Within that the final option is "Custom". Once selected a text box appears
below, that's where the formula goes.

"abfabrob" wrote:

There is no "formula" in the list in the settings tab under data validation.
I am probably doing this wrong! Does it make a difference which version of
Excell I am using? (2000)

"abfabrob" wrote:

Thank you for your help. I will give this a try.

Rob,
Teesside,
UK

"Springbok" wrote:

Sorry, another note... Fiddle about with validation and you'll see that there
are other options available too.

"abfabrob" wrote:

I am creating an application form to be used electronically. I want a
particular cell to be free text, so users can write what they like (ie their
name), but I want to limit the number of characters they can use. Can this be
done?

I have put text wrap on the cell, but it still allows me to enter more
information than fits into the box. I want it to stop users entering info
when the visible cell is full.

Rob,
Teesside,
UK.