Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Smith Bob Smith is offline

Default Copy - Paste Special problem

I have a number of workbooks, each with 50+ worksheets replicating with a
server. One field / cell in the replicated sheets reports "Last reported:
11/26/06". I'd like to do a copy / paste special of this cell from each
sheet to another sheet, but only include the date.

I can do a workaround by copying the entire text to the other sheet, and
just doing an align right in that column so only the date shows up, but if
the date shows up as 9/25/06, it shows up in the copied cell as :9/25/06.

I could also just globally select all replicated sheets and do an
edit/replace "Last reported: " and replace it with nothing. I was just
wondering whether there was any copy/paste special formula that would strip
out the text and just copy the date, instead of what I'm doing right now.

TIA,

Bob