Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mar_W Mar_W is offline

Default sum of blank cells returns zeros

Hi, I'm trying to put a simple formula in excel to add up some cells - the
trouble is when the cells are blank, excel still calculates it as a zero. I
know I can use the following to ignore the blanks
-=IF(SUM(B6:E6)=0,"",SUM(B6:E6))- but sometimes cells B6 to E6 might contain
true zero scores. I've also tried using
if(isblank(sum(B6:E6)),"",(SUM(B6:E6))) but again it still returns zero.
You'd think it would be something simple but I can't see it and it's driving
me mad!!!!

Can anyone out there help????