Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default IF formula query - Help!!

=IF(OR(C20,D20,E20,F20,G20,K20,L20,O20),"o k","Error")

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Sassie" wrote in message
I am trying to set up a formula which will validate if cells (non

consecutive
cells) contain a value or not (value could be figures/ dates or text). If

any
of the 9 cells do not contain a value then I want a value of "error" to
appear. If they all contain a value then I want a value of "OK" to be
displayed. This is what I have got from the knowledge base but I cannot

get
this to work and I know I might have difficulty with the 9 statements as I
understand the maximum is 7. This is the formula I have been using:

=IF(C20,"ok","Error",IF(D20,"ok","Error",IF(E20 ,"ok","Error",IF(F20,"ok"
,"Error",IF(G20,"ok","Error",IF(K20,"ok","Error" ,IF(L20,"ok","Error",IF(O
20,"ok","Error"))))))))

It works OK when the values returned after each statement are difference

but
because I want an overall value of OK or Error (and each cell needs to be
validated on this basis) I think I am confusing it.

Can anyone help?

Thanks