Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Epinn Epinn is offline

Default text and special functions in Pivot table report

Hi,

Sounds like you choose "external data source" via the PivotTable wizard? Debra is the guru on PivotTable. Hope she sees your post soon.

Following is from Excel Help:

If you returned data from an Office Data Connection file (.odc extension) directly to a PivotTable report, or your report is based on OLAP source data, you cannot use different source data in the report.

In case you are interested, here is some good info on importing data to Excel (not to PivotTable directly though).

http://www.nickhodge.co.uk/gui/datam...rtexternal.htm

Is it an option to import data to a worksheet and then create a PivotTable? Just curious.

Epinn

"Waukee Brian" <Waukee wrote in message ...
I work a lot with pivot tables and wondered if you can import text or special
formating into the table. Whenever I try to do this, the column shows up as
"0" and I have tried formatting about every way. For example if I want to
import a date, text, or something such as DK537RR, it shows up as zero and
not what I want. Can anyone help me.