Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Arvi Laanemets Arvi Laanemets is offline

Default Month End Projection formula?

Hi

At 1st glance, enter the formula into field, where days in month are
displayed. And to calculate last day of month (and the number of remaining
days too), you must have some date on your worksheet before.

It's difficult for me to give any more detailed instructions, because your
sheet layout remains in general a mystery for me.
What are Month To Date Days?
Where can I find some info, for which month are data meant to (year and
month, or even a date representing 1st of the month)? Cell reference for
some example, please!

"sueshe" wrote in message
Thanks for the reply, and hoping not to sound too stupid, I installed the
Analysis Toolpack, but not sure what to do with it now? Sorry, I don't
understand what to do with the formula you gave me either, not sure where

it
applies to what I'm trying to get? I have two fields now that I use to
calculate the month to date days and number of days in the month. This is

an
example for the 9th of November for the day before at dayend:

Month To Date Days: 8 Days in Month: 30

Days Department Totals
1 1
2 2
3 2
4 0
5 1
6 4
7 2
8 3

total 15
daily avg 1
EOM Proj 22 =dly avg * days in month - mtd days

Hope this makes more sense.
--
Tasha

"Arvi Laanemets" wrote:

Hi

When you have Analysis Toolpack activated, then you can use EOMONTH
function.

Otherwise
=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+n,0)
where n is an integer, and n=1 gives the last day of month for date in

A1

Arvi Laanemets

"sueshe" wrote in message
I am trying to set up a formula in an Excel spreadsheet to calculate

daily,
the end of month projection for total patient visits. I enter

manually a
daily amount, and have the formula currently set up to take the daily

average
times the number of days in the month and subtract the month to date

days
get the EOM Projection. This seems to work on most of my departments,
however some of them are showing up with a lesser amount for the EOM

Proj
than what is currently already totalled for Month To Date. I can't

seem
find out why??? Any suggestions, or maybe a better formula? I total

the
amount at the bottom of each department for what has been entered to

date,
and then I have a daily average, then EOM Proj
--
Tasha