Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bryan Bryan is offline

Default Returning an empty cell when no data present

Thanks for your help. I just had to remove the third "=" out of the second
formula and they worked perfectly. Thanks so much for the extremely quick
response!

Bryan

"PCLIVE" wrote:

Which cell do you want to test for no data. If A4 in your example, then:
=IF(A4="","",VLOOKUP(A4,Prod_and_Rte,2,FALSE))

If C4 in your example, then:
=IF(C4="","",=(E4*F4)/C4)

HTH,
Paul

"Bryan" wrote in message
I know there have been a couple of previous answers to this, but I cannot
seem to make them apply to my situation. I have 2 columns, the 1st
pulling
info from another sheet and the 2nd one a calculation using the value of
the
first. I am now returning errors in each of these cells because there is
no
data present until I enter it. (The spreadsheet is a test-time sheet
which
starts out each week empty. Here are my formulas:
=VLOOKUP(A4,Prod_and_Rte,2,FALSE)
=(E4*F4)/C4

Can someone help me return empty cells when no data is present, please?

Thanks,
Bryan