Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default Macro that will hidden columns, rows and worksheets based on an identifier

Use one of these ideas in the sheet module where cell a1 contains the number
of
the month. This was for specific months

Sub hidecols()
Columns.Hidden = False
mc = Range("a1") + 1
Range(Cells(1, mc), Cells(1, 12)).EntireColumn.Hidden = True
End Sub

'Automatic every time you change cell a1
If Target.Address < "$A$1" Then Exit Sub
Columns.Hidden = False
mc = Target + 1
Range(Cells(1, mc), Cells(1, 12)).EntireColumn.Hidden = True

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

wrote in message
ps.com...
I'm creating a wookbook where each row is indentified to a different
project as well as two columns and two work sheets. I need to hide the
rows, columns and worksheet for project A when viewing project B and
vis versa. I would like to create a macro to do this but I'm running
out of ideas. Can any one out there help?

Please note I am experienced in Excel but it is from hands on
experience so some highly technical terms may confuse me.

Thanks
Treen