Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Unicorn Unicorn is offline

Default Sum some cells in column but not #n/a errors

This has been baffling me for hours.

How can I get Excel to sum a selection of cells, but ignore #N/A errors?

I have a column of data, returning profit values for a particular product
and percentages of that profit to a supplier each month

I want to sum the profit and the percentages separately, but as the data is
also used for charts, I dont want it to go to zero if I dont have the
information. I either have# n/a errors occurring if not all the data is in,
or I have charts that drop to zero and I dont really want either.

Eg:

Oct-06

Client A profit £1545.55
Share to partner 1 £154.56